Please send or email cover letter and resume to Toni Jackson, Center Director at Cornerstone Center for Early Learning, 3901 Russell Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63110 or email@example.com
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred. A degree in another field may be acceptable, as long as it is in combination with significant work experience and exceptional ability.
- Candidates must also satisfy any educational requirements as
determined by the Missouri Departments of Licensing and Accreditation.
- Significant experience working in a quality early learning center, as well as significant experience in a classroom. Prefer experience in both classroom and administration.
- Knowledge of standards relating to both State Accreditation and State Licensing
- Computer literacy
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including ability to communicate information, needs, instructions, and directives clearly
- Experience in working successfully as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Occasional evening work/meetings
- True desire to make a difference with a diverse student and family population
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Director will participate as part of a management team, helping to shape Center philosophy, policies, and procedures, in keeping with those formulated and approved by the Board of Directors. He/she will report to and work with the Center Director in fulfilling these basic responsibilities:
Approximately 75% (Classroom/Teacher/Education-related):
- Play a major role as related to teacher performance, classroom management, and curriculum;
- Observe teachers and classrooms on a daily basis;
- Mentor teachers;
- Evaluate teachers;
- Assist teachers in their improvement and in creating/maintaining a healthy and happy classroom environment;
- Assist in resolving any teacher conflict/s;
- Ensure that all classroom practices coincide with those required by licensing and accreditation;
- Ensure that teachers receive needed (and desired) trainings;
- Ensure the successful implementation of the Cornerstone educational philosophy;
- Support instructors in developing and implementing weekly lesson plans;
- Communicate directly with parents/guardians, when needed, regarding child and/or Center issues;
- Assist in the planning and running of teachers’ meetings;
- Assist the Center Director, when needed/requested, in the hiring, scheduling, and placement of teachers;
- Play a key role in the successful management of Cornerstone’s Arts & Education Committee; and
- Other duties, as needed and/or as requested by the Center Director and/or Executive Director.
Approximately 25% (Volunteer Coordinator)
- Serve as the point person (via phone, email, or website) for all groups and individuals (non-committee; non-Board of Directors) who wish to volunteer at Cornerstone Center (Volunteers include practicum students and community visitors.);
- Recruit volunteers as needed/desired;
- Train volunteers accordingly via written and oral instructions;
- Have volunteers complete necessary paperwork;
- Conduct needed background checks;
- Place volunteers per their wishes and per Cornerstone needs;
- Work with other Cornerstone staff, if/when necessary, to ensure successful volunteer opportunities;
- Perform needed follow up;
- Communicate with teachers/others regarding proper utilization of volunteers and trouble-shoot if any issues arise;
- Keep accurate written records, per the needs of Cornerstone Center and per the needs of various funding agencies;
- Work with the Director of Development in exploring the financial giving potential of volunteer groups and individuals; and
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as requested by the Center Director and/or Executive Director.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance;
- Life and disability insurance (short and long term); and
Full-Time and Part-Time Early Childhood Teacher
Cornerstone Center for Early Learning, a licensed and accredited early learning and pre-kindergarten center serving ages 6 weeks to 5 years, in south St. Louis city (Shaw neighborhood) has immediate openings for full and part-time teachers. A United Way agency that offers Head Start services to qualified families, Cornerstone Center is located near Highway 44 and Grand Boulevard and is easily accessible to public transportation routes.
We are looking for teachers to join our team of educators (some of whom have been at Cornerstone for more than 15, 20, and 30 years) that want to provide quality, comprehensive, and affordable childcare and preschool education in a nurturing, creative environment for St. Louis-area families of all economic backgrounds
- Candidates must have a minimum of nine college credit hours in early childhood education, child development, or child/family related courses. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Candidates must also be energetic, patient, and creative; be passionate about learning and children; have the ability to multi-task; and have the ability to communicate and work well with others as part of a team.
Cornerstone Center offers excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary based on education and experience;
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance;
- Retirement and life insurance;
- Short-term and long-term disability;
- Paid vacation and sick time;
- Guaranteed hours regardless of a day’s enrollment;
- Professional development and training paid for by the center;
- Breakfast, lunch and snack served family-style at mealtime with students.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Toni Jackson, Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 3901 Russell Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63110.